Jim Lee and Jim Butler from Cimetrics along with Craig Engelbrecht of Siemens and Jim Sinopoli of Smart Buildings published an article “The 12 Things You Need to Know about Monitoring-Based Commissioning (MBCx)”. In this article they discuss in depth the outlined 12 things:
1. It goes beyond energy savings.
2. It’s a team effort.
3. Process, process, process.
4. Implementation requires full buy-in.
5. It’s more than just a rule developed in a lab.
6. You might not have all the data you want and need.
7. When it comes to data, it’s all hands on deck.
8. MBCx doesn’t work on its own.
9. The software doesn’t “drop in” and get to work.
10. Don’t turn it on all at once.
11. If you’re not committed to fixing issues, don’t waste your money on MBCx.
12. Optimization strategies go hand-in-hand with analytics.