As Designed Rating Now Live in ASHRAE’s Building EQ Portal
ASHRAE’s Building Energy Quotient (Building EQ) Portal provides a quick energy analysis that compares your building to similar buildings within the same climate, helps to identify means to improve your building’s energy performance, and provides data on Indoor Environmental Quality.
Both the In Operation and As Designed evaluations are now available in the Building EQ Portal. The As Designed rating compares potential building energy use to the baseline performance of similar buildings using a simulated standardized energy use model.
- Based on a building’s physical characteristics and systems
- Independent of occupancy and operating variables
- Allows comparison of potential energy performance between buildings with very different operational and occupancy profiles
- Identifies whether a building is achieving the full design potential as compared to actual energy performance as shown in the In Operation rating
- Models only the candidate building for consistency between the two ratings
- Applicable to both new and existing buildings